Songs For The Lost
The lonely and the regretful and the downtrodden, the furious and the woeful and the damaged; all facing the futility of living in a world of malice, loss and loneliness; all desperately seeking salvation while forging through the miles of pain marking every step of the path to Paradise.
- A farmer sings a nightly funeral dirge, summoning something from far across the fields
- A cavalry troop finds Heaven or Hell in the hills
- A reporter witnesses the final inexplicable moments of a saucer suicide cult
- A boy and his grandfather hear a message from an un-guessed world beneath their feet
- A boxer faces his greatest nemesis during the strangest of storms
- A platoon is faced with a terrible choice in the jungle
- A garage band and their loyal fans disappear as part of the fulfillment of a prophecy
- An outpost of Roman Legionnaires is terrorized by an ancient evil
- Two alien children forge a unique pact with two Earth children
- A strange door opens in the middle of a burning summer day
- A seasoned detective interrogates a vengeful angel responsible for the haunting of an entire city
- A bounty hunter accepts a mission to hunt another man’s demon
- A husband and wife receive a long-awaited message from the sky
- A broken girl is bestowed a gift from the moon
- A group of troubled misfits search for Heaven in a violent future
- A brother and sister await the greatest fire the world will ever see...
All these Songs For The Lost, and other ghosts, too…
This is a gigantic book of no less than 34 stories that you can savour and dip into for a long long time.
View the video trailer here:
Songs for the Lost is that perfect, excellent blend of literary and dark that I am always looking for and in my opinion, it is an absolute must-read for anyone who loves dark fiction. Highly recommended but not just for anyone. Prepare to be gut punched, and do not read this book while you're depressed. Once again, it's a small press that proves that literary and dark can indeed go hand in hand -- cheers.
NancyO - oddlyweirdfiction.com
Every once in a while – if you’re lucky – you’ll come across a short story collection that is so unique and stunning that it’ll make you marvel at its contents. Alexander Zelenyj’s Songs for the Lost is such a collection. It’s an exceptionally good and original collection of speculative fiction stories that are marked by intelligent storytelling, supernatural elements and beautiful and eloquent literary prose.
Seregil of Rhiminee - Rising Shadow
Alexander Zelenyj is a master weaver holding me in a labyrinthine web of words – when I notice I am stuck (suspended) such as a puppet, inanimate, until the puppeteer gives me life. Alexander Zelenyj [...] writes dazzling stories. Alexander Zelenyj is a writer that makes you sweat, shake your head and makes you think “what next?” at the turn of every the page. This book is really a thunderstorms of words.
Paulo Brito - paulobrito.pt
Alexander Zelenyj is the author of the short fiction collection, Experiments At 3 Billion A.M., published by Eibonvale Press, and the novel, Black Sunshine, published by Fourth Horseman Press. Songs For The Lost is his third book. He lives in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, and sings songs of joy and woe in equal measure. His online home can be found at www.alexanderzelenyj.com.
Songs For The Lost is available in the following formats:
- Hardcover: £27
- Paperback: £13.99
These order buttons are valid for UK, USA and Australia orders only. Orders from Canada, Europe and elsewhere in the world please place an order by email or email me for shipping costs. See here for more information.